Adult Waiver and Indemnity
PARTICIPANT WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
(PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING)
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the sailing programs, sailing classes, and any related events and activities, or being permitted to rent, operate or utilise any boat or equipment (together the “Events”), hosted, organised or owned by U SAIL BERMUDA, a local company incorporated under the laws of the Islands of Bermuda (“U Sail”), the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
1) The risk of injury from the activities involved in the events is significant, including the potential for perma-nent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, safety precautions and equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
2) I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES (as defined below) or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
3) I understand that U Sail does not ensure participants in the above-described events, that any coverage would be through personal insurance, and that U Sail has and no responsibility or liability for any injury res-ulting from the events.
4) I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation in the events. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation in the events, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest U Sail official or instructor immediately; and,
5) I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RE-LEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS U Sail and any and all of its directors, officers, officials, committee mem-bers, agents, and/or employees, other participants, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the Events (together the “Releasees”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
6) I agree that if any portion of this document is held to be invalid, the remainder will continue in full legal force and effect.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDER-STAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
Please complete the following information below:
Next of Kin Information:
I am aware that all water sports are physical activity and can be strenuous. I declare that to the best of my knowledge I am not suﬀering from any health condition that causes me to be unﬁt for water sports activities, and that I am ﬁt to rent a boat or participate in any instructional course. In an emergency situation which happens at the centre of U Sail Bermuda, I give permission for qualiﬁed ﬁrst aid U Sail Bermuda staﬀ and volunteers to administer any ﬁrst aid treatment or medication, to call the emergency services and give my full permission for any treatment required to be carried out in accordance with the medical staﬀ diagnosis. Please note that U Sail Bermuda management, instructor staﬀ or volunteers which are qualiﬁed with a RYA First Aid Certiﬁcate or equivalent are not responsible for anything that occurs at any time and therefore cannot be made liable.
Do you have any current or long-term medical conditions that we should be made aware oﬀ? (such as asthma). Please Tick Box YES or NO
If YES, please specify in space below:
Can you swim 50m in light clothing? Please Tick Box YES or NO
Please note that we may take photos for a promotional purpose for use on our website and social media.
To opt out of photos for promotional purposes.
Please Tick Box for YES.
Mailing List and Data Protection:
U Sail Bermuda we not give out your personal details without permission, we aim to keep your data protected and will not spam your email, as per the Bermuda Data Protection Act.
To opt out of subscribing to our mailing list.
Please Tick Box YES
Sailing Experience (If Any, Optional):
Please list any sailing experience, if any in the box below
All water participants are required to wear appropriate personal buoyancy aids of at least 50N or windsurf harnesses. Helmets are available on request.
Leave this empty:
If you have questions about the contents of this document, you can email the document owner.
Document Name: Adult Waiver and Indemnity
Agree & Sign