RYA Online Marine Radio SRC Course
An ONLINE RYA Marine Radio Course completed at your own pace from the comfort of your own home device.
Great benefit to an online course is it can be completed in the comfort of your own home and at your own speed, with no covid restrictions for the online portion.
What’s Included in the online course fee:
- Online Course Login for up to 1 year
- 6 Months of Email Support from our online course support VHF instructor
- 1 Live Zoom Session with our online support course VHF instructor valid for 6 months from course booking date.
- RYA SRC VHF Handbook
What is covered in the online course:
Operating a fixed DSC VHF set
- Correct Channels (frequencies)
- Phonetic Alphabet
- Pro-words and safety alerts
- regulations and licenses
- Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons (EPIRB)
- Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS)
- Search and Rescue Procedures, system and kit (SART)
Minimum Computer Requirements:
- Internet connection (WiFi or 3G)
- 1024 x 768 screen resolution
- Netbooks are NOT supported due to the reduced screen resolution.
- Microphone and speakers/headphones.
- Pop-ups enabled
System Software Requirements:
- Mac running 10.13 minimum with the latest version of Safari, Google Chrome or Firefox
- iPad running iOS 11 minimum using Safari.
- PC running Windows 10 minimum with the latest version of Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Firefox.
- Android tablet running 4.1 minimum using Google Chrome.
SRC Exam Fee is an ADDITIONAL FEE of £60 payable directly to the RYA, through the RYA exams portal https://www.rya.org.uk/exams + U Sail Castle Harbour fee of $75.
Online Course typically takes 4-8 hours but at your own pace
“Great sailing center in a beautiful location and with amazing instructors and friendly team, I highly recommend!”
My son and I were total novices and took the RYA Level 1 course over two days at the end of September, coached by Adriana. Little did we know that she was a world level expert in Laser sailing. What we can say is that she was a brilliant teacher. We had two fantastic days out on Harrington Sound, and in spite of a few flip overs, particularly with our gybing when the wind picked up - Adriana made us feel that this was completely normal and gave us great tips to sort it out. A lovely family run business, super friendly, terrific location - I could think of no better place to learn how to sail - can't wait to do the Level 2.
“5 star to U Sail Bermuda. Great place to learn to sail. I’ve received my RYA Dinghy Level 2 certificate. Affordable rates for the weekend Learn to Sail for both Level 1 and Level 2. I am a pure beginner, so I like how they are in Harrington Sound with minimal boat traffic and it’s really just me trying to figure out where the wind is. They are all about safety so- someone is overlooking the water watching with a safety boat ready to go if required when you do boat hire (like I did after I’ve received my Level 2). Looking forward to hiring paddleboards and doing some windsurfing lessons with them. Overall, always received great service. All the instructors are very personable- Naphali, Donavin, Jonny and Thomas- Thank you for letting me achieve one of my bucket list.”
"Our group of 6 ladies had a fabulous time on an introductory course. Just great fun, learned lots but also had lots of giggles. The U Sail team were fabulous. I’m hooked!"
“Had 2 fabulous mornings of WASZP foiling lessons with Aaron, learned a ton and had a fabulous time. I can't say enough great things about U Sail Bermuda, wonderful staff, great service, beautiful location on Harrington Sound, and the boats are in top condition with plenty of spares if things break. I'll be definitely be booking more sessions the next time we're in Bermuda.”
“Great session learning to windsurf so much fun!!! Defo coming back for more!! Great instructor & team!!”
“This is such a fun way to get on the water and sail, just for fun! We had three generations out on the water together, laughing the whole time. Excellent team, and a surprisingly affordable price.”